The MG Trust is a registered charitable trust which is run independently from MG Marketing but is closely supported by the co-operative. It focuses on providing funding to projects and initiatives which have a positive impact on the horticulture industry. The Trustees are particularly interested in initiatives in the areas of education, innovation/research and industry profile/legacy.
The key objectives of MG Marketing Charitable Trust (MG Trust) are to:
- Advance the education of people within the horticulture industry.
- Support projects which help benefit the horticulture industry.
- Advance the development of the horticulture industry through research and innovation.
- Support programmes and organisations that promote the benefits of fresh produce and advocate for the industry more generally.
- Enhance the profile and preserve the heritage of the horticulture industry.
The MG Trust meets in June and November each year to consider funding applications. The Trustees invite applications for the next funding round. You can download the application form and supporting FAQs by clicking the links below.
Deadline for applications: 22 October 2021
Trustee meeting: 1 November 2021
The Trustees aim to contact all applicants within two weeks of the meeting.
The MG Trust is made up of four grower Trustees and one independent Trustee. Together, they bring many years’ experience in the horticulture sector and offer a broad range of professional skills to support the objectives of the MG Trust.
- John Clarke (Chair, Grower Trustee)
- Trudy Webb (Grower Trustee)
- Mike Russell (Grower Trustee)
- Catherine Lewis (Grower Trustee)
- Alastair Hercus (Independent Trustee)